Three 4th of July Recipes for a Backyard Celebration
Quench your thirst and satisfy your appetite with these 4th of July recipes to share with friends and family as you celebrate Independence Day. From cold drinks to tasty sides and delicious desserts, the recipes below will start the day off with a bang.
Cherry Bomb Lemonade Recipe
This sweetly tart lemonade is a simple way to get creative with your summertime refresher. Pro Tip: Garnish with lemon wedges and your favorite cherries.
7 ½ ounces DaVinci Gourmet Classic Cherry Syrup
8 ¾ cups premium lemonade
20 cups ice
Mix ingredients in a large bowl, pour over ice and serve.
Backyard Baked Beans Recipe
These baked beans are a flavorful addition to your plate alongside other BBQ favorites. Pro Tip: Serve with mac n’ cheese, pulled pork or cornbread.
2 tablespoons DaVinci Gourmet Caramel Classic Syrup
1 tablespoon tomato paste
2 tablespoons molasses
2 cans (15 oz) small white beans, drained
1 tablespoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
4 strips bacon cut into ½ inch strips
¾ cup chopped onion
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
1. In a heavy, medium-sized saucepan, cook the bacon over medium heat until it begins to brown, about 5-6 minutes.
2. Add the onion, stir well and continue to cook, stirring occasionally until the onion is tender, 5 minutes more.
3. Deglaze the pan with the vinegar and add the tomato paste, caramel syrup and molasses.
4. Add the beans and season with the dry mustard, salt and pepper.
5. Stir to mix and reduce heat to low.
6. Cover the pan and simmer the beans until the sauce is rich and thick and the beans have absorbed plenty of flavor, about 35-40 minutes.
Mixed Berry Fruit Pops Recipe
Made with real fruit, these popsicles are a sweet treat your whole family can enjoy as the fireworks go off overhead. Pro Tip: Make with fresh berries from the local Farmers’ Market.
2 tablespoons DaVinci Gourmet Raspberry Classic Syrup
2 tablespoons DaVinci Gourmet Blueberry Classic Syrup
2 tablespoons DaVinci Gourmet Blackberry Classic Syrup
1 tablespoon lemon juice
½ cup water
1 cup berries
Puree all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Pour into freezer pop molds and freeze until solid, about 3 hours.
Looking for more summertime inspiration? Try these raspberry syrup recipes to add the flavor of sweetly tart berry to your favorite lattes and backyard barbecue dishes.